How to Make:
- Combine yeast and water in a small bowl. Set aside in a warm, draught-free place for 10 minutes or until foamy.
- Sift the flour, bread improver and salt into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and pour in the yeast mixture and extra virgin olive oil. Use a wooden spoon to stir until combined, then use your hands to bring dough together in bowl.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10-15 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Brush a bowl with oil to lightly grease. Place dough in bowl and turn to coat in oil. Cover with plastic wrap or a damp tea towel and set aside in a warm, draught-free place to prove for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a frying pan over medium-low heat until foaming. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until onion softens and is lightly browned. Add sugar, vinegar and thyme and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until caramelised. Remove from heat. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the same pan over medium-high Heat. Add the sausage and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Brush two 28cm-diameter pizza trays with oil to grease. Punch down centre of the dough with your fist. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 2-3 minutes or until smooth and elastic and returned to its original size. Divide dough into 2 equal portions. Wrap 1 portion in plastic wrap and set aside. Roll out the other portion on a lightly floured surface until large enough to line 1 of prepared trays. Lift onto tray. Prick the dough all over with a fork. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Sprinkle pizza bases with mozzarella. Top with onion and sausage. Bake in preheated oven, swapping trays halfway through cooking, for 12 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from oven. Sprinkle pizzas with rocket leaves and serve immediately.
Time for preparing:15 min. PT15M
- 2 teaspoons (7g/1 sachet) dried yeast
- 250ml (1 cup) warm water
- 450g (3 cups) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bread improver
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Plain flour, to dust
- Olive oil, to grease
- 40g butter
- 4 red onions, halved, thickly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (about 400g) English-style beef sausages, skin removed, chopped
- 200g (2 cups) coarsely grated mozzarella
- Baby rocket leaves, to serve