How to Make:
- Brush a bowl with oil to lightly grease. Combine water, yeast and sugar in a small bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes or until foamy. Combine flour and salt in a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Add yeast mixture and 2 tablespoons of the oil.
- Use a round-bladed knife in a cutting motion to mix until combined. Use your hands to bring dough together in bowl.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place dough in prepared bowl and turn to coat in oil. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm, draught-free place to prove for 30 minutes or until dough doubles in size.
- Meanwhile, heat half the remaining oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add half the pear, cut-side down, and cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining pear.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan over high heat. Add the leek and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until leek softens. Add the vinegar and extra sugar and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until leek caramelises. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 230°C. Brush 2 baking trays with oil to lightly grease. Divide pizza dough into 2 equal portions. Roll out 1 dough portion on a lightly floured surface into a 22 x 30cm rectangle. Place on a prepared tray and prick all over with a fork. Repeat with the remaining dough. Spoon the leek mixture evenly over pizzas. Top with the pear, pancetta and brie. Bake in preheated oven, swapping trays halfway through cooking, for 12-15 minutes or until pizzas are golden brown. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with rocket, season with pepper and serve immediately.
Time for preparing:35 min. PT35M
- Olive oil, to grease
- 160ml (2/3 cup) warm water
- 2 teaspoons (7g/1 sachet) dried yeast
- Pinch of caster sugar
- 300g (2 cups) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- Plain flour, extra, to dust
- 2 just-ripe lemon bergamot or packham's triumph pears, halved, cored, cut into thick wedges
- 2 leeks, pale section only, washed, thickly sliced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar, extra
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices pancetta, coarsely torn
- 200g ripe brie, thickly sliced
- Baby rocket leaves, to serve