How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 190C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Place flour and butter in a large bowl and, using your fingertips, lightly rub the butter through the flour until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add ham, 1/2 cup cheese and capsicum, along with milk and egg and knead lightly until just combined. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead lightly for a further 3-4 minutes. Shape dough into a 20cm round and place on prepared tray.
- Score the dough into eight equal wedges (as if you were slicing a pizza), cutting three-quarters of the way through (be careful not to cut all the way through the base). Fill the cuts with pasta sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 35- 40 minutes or until golden brown and loaf sounds hollow when tapped on the base. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes then break into wedges and serve.
Time for preparing:40 min. PT40M
- 4 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 90g chilled unsalted butter, chopped
- 150g chopped ham
- 3/4 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1 green capsicum, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup tomato pasta sauce