How to Make:
- To make the filling, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and garlic and cook, stirring, for 8 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Finely chop mushroom mixture. Place in a bowl with cheddar, ham and sun-dried tomato. Toss to combine. Season with pepper. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Divide the pizza dough into 4 equal portions. Cover 3 portions with plastic wrap and set aside. Roll out 1 portion of the dough on a lightly floured surface to a 22cm disc. Place one-quarter of the filling over half the disc, leaving a 1cm border around the edge. Brush edge of dough lightly with water. Fold over to enclose filling and pinch together to seal. Place on one of the prepared trays. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Bake calzones in preheated oven, swapping the trays halfway through cooking, for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Time for preparing:30 min. PT30M
- 1 quantity basic pizza dough (see related recipe)
- Plain flour, to dust filling
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 200g cap mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g cheddar, coarsely grated
- 200g leg ham, finely chopped
- 80g sun-dried tomatoes, patted dry with paper towel, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper