How to Make:
- For the spelt pizza dough, combine the water, yeast and sugar in a small jug and then set aside for 5 minutes or until foamy. Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the yeast mixture and oil and stir. Use your hands to bring the dough together in bowl.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface. Knead for 3-4 minutes or until smooth. Place in a lightly greased bowl. Cover and set aside in a warm place to rise for 45 minutes or until dough doubles in size.
- Meanwhile, for the artichoke pesto, process the artichoke, parsley, capers and garlic in a food processor until chopped. Add the oil and lemon juice, with the motor running, in a slow steady stream until well combined. Transfer the mixture to a bowl. Stir in the chives and season with pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 230°C/210°C fan forced. Grease and preheat 2 large baking trays. Combine the asparagus and oil in a bowl. Season and toss to coat.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Gently knead until smooth. Halve. Roll each portion into a 20 x 30cm rectangle. Transfer to prepared trays. Spread with pesto. Top with the cheeses and asparagus. Bake for 12 minutes or until cheese melts and bases are crisp. Sprinkle with extra cheese.
Time for preparing:15 min. PT15M
- 3 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 200g (2 cups) coarsely grated fresh mozzarella
- 40g (1/2 cup) finely grated parmesan or vegetarian hard cheese
- Extra finely grated parmesan, (or vegetarian hard cheese) to serve Spelt pizza dough
- 250ml (1 cup) warm water
- 7g sachet dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 350g (2 1/3 cups) white spelt flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil Artichoke pesto
- 105g (1/2 cup) drained artichoke hearts in brine
- 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh continental parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon drained baby capers
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives