How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place mushrooms on tray. Top with thyme. Mix oil and garlic in a bowl. Drizzle mushrooms with 1 1⁄2 tbs oil mixture. Season and bake for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, grease 2 baking trays with oil. Sprinkle with extra polenta. Bring milk and water to the boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Add polenta in a thin, steady stream, stirring until combined. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Stir in butter. Season. Divide among prepared trays. Spread to make a 24cm round on each tray.
- Brush remaining oil mixture over polenta bases. Bake for 5 minutes. Combine cheeses. Reserve 1⁄4 cup and divide remaining cheese mixture among polenta bases. Bake for 7-8 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Top polenta bases with mushroom. Sprinkle with reserved cheese. Bake for 5 minutes or until golden. Stand for 5 minutes. Use an egg slice to transfer to a board. Sprinkle with kale.
Time for preparing:30 min. PT30M
- 8 (about 400g) field mushrooms, or flat mushrooms
- 1 1/2 tablespoons small fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 tablespoons lemon-infused extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 260g (1 1/2 cups) instant polenta, plus 3 teaspoons, extra
- 500ml (2 cups) reduced-fat milk
- 500ml (2 cups) water
- 20g butter, chopped
- 150g (1 1/2 cups) fresh mozzarella, coarsely grated
- 40g (1/2 cup) parmesan, finely grated
- 60g soft blue cheese, crumbled
- Baby kale leaves, to serve