How to Make:
- To make the Pizza Dough: Sift the flour into a large bowl. Stir in the yeast. Stir in the salt and sugar until combined. Make a well in the centre. Pour in the water and oil. Stir until just combined. Use your hands to bring the dough together.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 5 minutes. Drizzle extra oil into a large clean bowl. Add dough and turn to coat. Cover with a clean tea towel. Set aside in a warm draught-free place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Meanwhile to make the Pizza Sauce: Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil, stirring often. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Set aside to cool before using.
- Meanwhile preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Place the pumpkin, onion, sage and oil in a roasting pan. Season. Toss to combine. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until pumpkin is tender and golden. Cool slightly.
- Increase oven to 250C/230C fan forced. Knead the dough briefly in the bowl to knock out the air. Place on a floured surface. Halve dough and roll out each piece to a 25cm disc. Lightly dust 2 baking trays with semolina. Place dough on the prepared trays. Set aside for 20 minutes to rise slightly.
- Spread pizza bases with the sauce. Arrange the pumpkin and onion mixture over the top. Tuck the blue cheese in among the pumpkin. Sprinkle with the parmesan and pine nuts and bake for 8-10 minutes or until crisp and golden. Scatter over the sage and cut into wedges.
Time for preparing:50 min. PT50M
- 250g bread and pizza plain flour
- 1 teaspoon instant dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 150ml water
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, plus extra to grease Pizza sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh marjoram or oregano, chopped
- 1/2 x 400g can diced tomatoes
- Pinch sugar
- Pinch cayenne pepper Topping
- 500g peeled pumpkin, sliced
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- Small handful sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Semolina, to dust
- 150g soft mild blue cheese, cut into wedges
- 20g (1⁄4 cup) parmesan, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- Fresh sage leaves, to serve