How to Make:
- To make the Pizza Dough; Sift the flour into a large bowl. Stir in the yeast. Stir in the salt and sugar until combined. Make a well in the centre. Pour in the water and oil. Stir until just combined. Use your hands to bring the dough together.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 5 minutes. Drizzle extra oil into a large clean bowl. Add dough and turn to coat. Cover with a clean tea towel. Set aside in a warm draught-free place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Meanwhile to make the Pizza sauce, combine all the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil, stirring often. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Set aside to cool before using.
- Preheat oven to 250C/230C fan forced. Lightly grease a 22 x 30cm baking tray with oil.
- Knead the dough briefly in the bowl to knock out the air. Place on a floured surface. Roll out the pizza dough and line the tray, pressing it a little up the sides. Set aside for 20 minutes to rise slightly. Spread with the pizza sauce and scatter with tomato.
- Slice the mozzarella and tuck in among the tomato. Place teaspoonfuls of creme fraiche in the gaps and top with pesto, spreading gently to roughly cover. Scatter with parmesan and bake for 10-12 minutes or until crisp and golden. Top with rocket, if using, and cut into squares to serve.
Time for preparing:25 min. PT25M
- 250g bread and pizza plain flour
- 1 teaspoon instant dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 150ml water
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, plus extra to grease Pizza sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh marjoram or oregano
- 1/2 x 400g can diced tomatoes
- Pinch sugar
- Pinch cayenne pepper Topping
- 500g heirloom or mixed tomatoes, sliced, halved or whole, depending on size.
- 125g ctn buffalo mozzarella, drained
- 100g creme fraiche
- 2 tablespoons good-quality pesto
- 20g (1⁄4 cup) parmesan, finely grated
- Handful rocket leaves, optional