Recipe: Maple nut tartsCocktail recipes
How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray eighteen 80ml (1/3-cup) capacity muffin pans with oil. Process the flour, sugar, butter and lemon rind in a food processor until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add lemon juice and process until the mixture just comes together. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead gently until just smooth.
- Roll out pastry on a lightly floured sheet of non-stick baking paper. Cut the pastry into twelve 7cm discs. Re-roll remaining pastry and cut the pastry into another six 7cm discs. Line bases of prepared pans with pastry discs. Prick the bases with a fork. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until crisp and golden. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, to make the filling place the almonds, pine nuts and brazil nuts on a baking tray. Bake for 5-10 minutes or until lightly toasted. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Stir maple syrup, sugar, cream and butter in a saucepan over low heat until the sugar dissolves and butter melts. Cook over low heat, without stirring, for 10 minutes or until mixture bubbles. Set aside until the bubbles subside. Stir in nuts. Spoon mixture into the tart cases and set aside to cool completely.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate and set aside for 30 minutes to set.
Time for preparing:25 min. PT25M
- Olive oil spray
- 200g (1 1/3 cups) plain flour
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 125g butter, chilled, chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 3-4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 50g dark chocolate, melted Filling
- 25g (1/4 cup) flaked almonds
- 45g (1/4 cup) pine nuts
- 35g (1/3 cup) brazil nuts, chopped
- 80ml (1/3 cup) maple syrup
- 70g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 60ml (1/4 cup) pouring cream
- 20g butter