How to Make:
- Preheat the oven to 180?C.
- Scatter the rock salt onto a baking tray, and then set aside.
- In a bowl, combine sourdough breadcrumbs, grated parmesan, horseradish cream and thinly sliced artichoke hearts. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large frypan over medium heat, add the thinly sliced eschalot, followed by the garlic, and cook for 5 minutes until soft. Add the white wine, followed by the chopped pancetta and continue to cook for a further 5-7 minutes, until meat is crispy and wine has reduced.
- Add the pine nuts and cook for 3 minutes, stirring, or until lightly toasted. Reduce heat to low, then add the breadcrumb mixture and cook for a further 3 minutes, stirring, until the breadcrumbs turn light golden brown. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place the oysters on the half shell onto the baking tray that has been scattered with rock salt, then top oysters with the breadcrumb mixture. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve the oysters in the pan with lemon wedges to squeeze over.
Time for preparing:30 min. PT30M
- 250g rock salt
- 2/3 cup (50g) fresh sourdough breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup (25g) grated parmesan
- 3 teaspoons horseradish cream (see note)
- 4 artichoke hearts in oil, drained, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 eschalot, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60ml) white wine
- 5-6 thin pancetta slices, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 16-20 oysters on the half shell
- Lemon wedges, to serve