How to Make:
- Place the champagne and shallot in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until reduced by half. Add the cream and season with white pepper. Simmer for 3-4 minutes or until reduced by half and the sauce is thick and creamy.
- Preheat grill on high. Scatter rock salt over the base of 2 small heatproof serving dishes. Arrange the oysters on the rock salt. Pour the cream mixture evenly among the oysters. Cook under grill for 1-2 minutes or until golden. Set aside for 2 minutes to cool slightly. Sprinkle with chives to serve.
Time for preparing:15 min. PT15M
- 125ml (1/2 cup) champagne or sparkling white wine
- 1 French shallot (eschalot), finely chopped
- 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream
- Freshly ground white pepper
- Rock salt, to serve
- 12 (1 dozen) natural oysters (such as Sydney rock oysters), in the half shell
- Chopped fresh chives, to serve