How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place pumpkin, flour and oil in a food processor. Season with salt. Process well until a dough starts to foam. Turn onto a well-floured surface and knead for 2 minutes until smooth and elastic. Cover in plastic wrap and set aside for 10 minutes to rest.
- Rollout dough to a 40cm disc. Transfer to a prepared tray. Spread the dough with the tomato paste, leaving a 6cm border. Top with the tomatoes and season well. Top with cheese slices, placing them 2cm apart. Fold edge over the filling, roughly pleating. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the base is cooked through and the crust is golden.
- To serve, drizzle with extra olive oil and sprinkle with basil.
Time for preparing:30 min. PT30M
- 420g (1 1/2 cups) mashed pumpkin
- 450g (3 cups) wholemeal self-raising flour, plus extra to dust
- 60ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 70g (1/4 cup) tomato paste
- 200g heirloom or mixed tomatoes, large halved
- 250g smoked cheese, preferably smoked mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves