How to Make:
- Place onion, garlic, parsley, ground coriander, paprika, chilli, saffron, lemon juice, oil and 2 cups coriander leaves in a food processor with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Process to a coarse paste. Remove and set 2 tablespoons aside. Coat the fish in the remaining mixture, then cover and marinate in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, place couscous in a bowl with reserved paste. Pour 400ml boiling water over. Stir to combine. Cover loosely with a tea towel. Set aside for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork, then stir in spring onion and remaining coriander leaves.
- Preheat a chargrill or barbecue to medium-high. If using bamboo skewers, soak in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Thread a bay leaf onto each skewer, then alternate fi sh and capsicum. Finish each skewer with another bay leaf.
- Cook kebabs for 6-8 minutes, turning, until the fish is cooked through and lightly charred. Serve kebabs with the couscous and yoghurt, if desired.
Time for preparing:10 min. PT10M
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- Pinch of saffron threads
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 3 loosely packed cups coriander leaves (from 2 bunches)
- 800g thick skinless blue-eye fillets (or other firm white fish), cut into 3cm cubes
- 2 cups (400g) couscous
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 16 fresh bay leaves (see note)
- 1 red capsicum, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 yellow capsicum, cut into 3cm pieces
- Plain yoghurt (optional), to serve
Moroccan pan-fried fish
Chermoula ocean trout with rocket and preserved lemon
Chermoula fish with pistachio couscous (low-fat)
Moroccan chermoula prawns with pearl couscous
Fish kebabs with avocado salsa and aioli
Chermoula beef kebabs with yoghurt dip
Chermoula fish kebabs with couscous
Chermoula grilled fish with couscous