How to Make:
- For the dough, combine flour, yeast and sugar in a bowl. Stir in salt. Make a well in centre. Add water and oil. Stir to combine. Use your hands to bring dough together. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Brush a bowl with oil. Add dough. Turn to coat. Cover with a damp tea towel. Set aside in a warm place for 40 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add half the spinach with the water clinging and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until wilted. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool slightly. Repeat with the remaining spinach.
- When spinach is cool enough to handle, squeeze out excess water. Coarsely chop and place in a large bowl. Add ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, shallot and lemon rind. Mix until well combined. Season.
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Grease 2 large baking trays with olive oil and dust with extra flour.
- Punch down the dough with your fist. Knead for 30 seconds or until dough returns to its original size. Divide into 6 equal portions and cover with plastic wrap. Roll out 1 portion of dough on a lightly floured surface to a 20cm disc. Place one-sixth of the filling over half the dough, leaving a 2cm border. Lightly brush the border with water. Fold in half to enclose filling. Pinch edges together to seal. Place on a prepared tray. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Brush each calzone with extra oil. Bake, swapping trays halfway through cooking, for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
- Place the tomato and bocconcini in a microwave-safe bowl. Season well. Microwave on High for 4 minutes or until the cheese starts to soften. Stir in the basil.
- Sprinkle the calzone with salt and dried chilli flakes. Serve with the caprese sauce and extra basil leaves.
Time for preparing:35 min. PT35M
- 250g baby spinach, washed, with water clinging
- 400g fresh ricotta
- 80g (2/3 cup) coarsely grated mozzarella
- 50g (2/3 cup) shredded parmesan
- 4 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 180g cherry bocconcini
- 2 tablespoon shredded fresh basil, plus extra leaves, to serve
- Dried chilli flakes, to sprinkle Pizza dough
- 450g (3 cups) bread & pizza plain flour, plus extra, to dust
- 2 teaspoon (2 sachets) dried yeast
- Large pinch of caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 310ml (1 1/4 cups) warm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra, to brush