How to Make:
- Heat a char-grill pan over high heat. Brush the bread with 1 tablespoon oil, then grill for 1-2 minutes each side until toasted and slightly charred.
- Rub each side of the toast with the halved garlic and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a small saucepan over low heat. Add the chopped garlic, onion and celery and gently warm through for 1-2 minutes, without letting the oil get too hot. Remove from the heat, then gently stir in the tuna and beans. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To assemble the bruschetta, place the tuna mixture on the bread and scatter with the parmesan and parsley. Drizzle over the balsamic glaze and remaining tablespoon oil.
Time for preparing:10 min. PT10M
- 3 thick slices bread, such as sourdough
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, halved, to rub
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small celery stalk, very thinly sliced
- 185g can good-quality tuna in oil, drained
- 400gcan cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 25g parmesan, thinly shaved
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Balsamic glaze (see note), to drizzle