How to Make:
- Cut the tomato in half, scoop out and discard the seeds and juice, then finely chop the flesh. Set aside.
- Mix the sliced chilli and soy sauce in 2 small sauce bowls. Set aside.
- Lightly beat the eggs in a bowl with the sesame oil, half the spring onion, and some salt and pepper to combine.
- Heat a wok over high heat until hot, then add the peanut oil. Once the oil is hot, add the egg mixture and leave for 10 seconds, then use a wooden paddle or spatula to slowly draw the outside of the egg mixture into the centre, allowing the uncooked egg to cook. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the egg is almost set, then scatter with the tomato. Lightly toss once or twice to warm through. (It’s important not to allow the tomato to cook for too long, or it will make the eggs too watery.)
- Divide the eggs between 2 serving plates. Scatter with the remaining spring onion and the coriander sprigs, then spoon over some chilli soy sauce and serve immediately.
Time for preparing:5 min. PT5M
- 1 vine-ripened tomato
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed (optional), thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Fountain Soy Sauce
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- Coriander sprigs, to garnish