How to Make:
- Combine milk, yeast and sugar in a bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes until frothy.
- Combine flour and salt in a bowl; make a well in the centre. Pour milk mixture and egg into the well; stir until well combined. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 40 minutes or until dough doubles in size.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Brush a 22cm round cake pan with butter; line base with baking paper. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Use a rolling pin to roll to a 30 x 40cm rectangle. Brush with 1/3 of melted butter. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Sprinkle 1/3 of sugar mixture over dough. Fold a short side of dough over two-thirds of filling. Fold remaining 1/3 over the top to enclose filling. Roll dough out to a 30 x 40cm rectangle; repeat filling and folding process twice.
- Roll dough to a 30 x 40cm rectangle. Sprinkle with apple and walnuts; drizzle with half the golden syrup. Roll up dough from a long side to enclose filling. Cut log crossways into 8 portions. Arrange, cut-side up, in pan. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 15 minutes to rise.
- Drizzle over remaining golden syrup. Bake in oven for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to 180°C and bake for 30 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Set aside for 30 minutes then turn onto a wire rack.
Time for preparing:35 min. PT35M
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) warm milk
- 3 teaspoons dried yeast
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 4 cups (600g) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 80g butter, melted
- 1/3 cup (70g) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled, cored, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (30g) walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125ml) golden syrup