How to Make:
- Use a sharp knife to cut kernels from cobs. Cook in a saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes. Add peas and cook for 1 minute or until just tender. Refresh under cold running water. Drain well.
- Place the flour in a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the egg and milk and stir, drawing in a little flour at a time to make a smooth batter. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 30 minutes to rest.
- Add the corn and peas to the batter and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a little of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spoon four 1/4-cupfuls of batter around the pan, allowing room for spreading. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until bubbles have risen to the surface and the fritter is golden underneath. Turn with a spatula and cook for a further 1-2 minutes or until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Repeat in 2 more batches with remaining batter and oil, reheating pan between batches.
- Place the fritters on a serving platter. Dollop with a little creme fraiche and top with salmon roe and dill sprigs. Serve immediately.
Time for preparing:15 min. PT15M
- 3 corn cobs, husks and silks removed
- 1 1/2 cups (230g) fresh peas or frozen peas
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) self-raising flour
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 250g ctn creme fraiche
- 100g salmon roe
- Dill sprigs, to serve