How to Make:
- Using your hands, squeeze liquid from apple. Set aside. Place ricotta, sugar and egg yolks in a bowl. Whisk to combine. Gradually whisk in milk.
- Sift flour and cinnamon over ricotta mixture. Add flour husks to bowl. Whisk until just combined. Stir in apple.
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggwhites in a small bowl until soft peaks form. Using a metal spoon, stir one-third of the eggwhite through flour mixture. Gently fold remaining eggwhite through batter. Stand, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Brush pan lightly with spread. Spoon 1/4 cup batter into pan. Spread to a 12cm circle. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until bubbles appear on surface. Turn. Cook for 2 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining spread and batter to make 12 pancakes. Serve with ice-cream and syrup.
Time for preparing:15 min. PT15M
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, grated
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 20g reduced-fat spread, melted
- Low-fat vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- Maple syrup, to serve