How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 170C. Line a large oven tray with baking paper and place a wire rack over paper.
- Place tomatoes, cut-side up, on rack. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle with sugar and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook for 1 1/4-1 1/2 hours or until tomatoes start to shrivel slightly around the edges and are about half the size they were. Set aside to cool completely.
- Whisk remaining oil and vinegar together then season to taste. Whisk mayonnaise, garlic and 1 tablespoon hot water together. Season well. Add vinegar mixture to rocket and toss to combine.
- Layer dressed rocket, eggplant, artichoke, bocconcini and olives on 4 plates. Top each with a poached egg. Drizzle with garlic mayonnaise. Scatter with parmesan. Season to taste then serve immediately.
Time for preparing:105 min. PT105M
- 1kg egg tomatoes, halved lengthways
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 100g baby rocket leaves
- 200g char-grilled eggplant, cut into thick strips
- 200g drained marinated artichoke hearts, cut into thin wedges
- 120g bocconcini, torn
- 1/2 cup (80g) kalamata olives
- 4 poached eggs (follow basic poached eggs recipe to end of step 4)
- 60g shaved parmesan