How to Make:
- Whisk eggs, milk, and salt and pepper in a jug. Combine tomatoes, onion, chilli, coriander, and salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Melt half the butter and half the oil in a 24cm (base) non-stick frying pan over high heat until sizzling. Reduce heat to low. Pour in half the egg mixture. As egg starts to cook, use a wooden spoon to move mixture from outside of pan to centre, allowing uncooked egg to slip to outer edge of pan. Repeat until egg is golden.
- Spoon half the tomato mixture over half the omelette. Sprinkle with half the cheese. Fold omelette over filling. Slide onto a plate. Repeat with remaining butter, oil, egg mixture and filling.
- Season omelettes with salt and pepper. Serve with crusty bread.
Time for preparing:5 min. PT5M
- 8 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 20g butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Toasted crusty bread, to serve