How to Make:
- For the pizza dough, place 1 cup (250ml) warm water in a jug. Place 1 tablespoon of the flour in a bowl with the caster sugar and yeast. Add 3 tablespoons of the warm water and stir briefly to combine, then stand in a warm place for 10 minutes or until large bubbles appear on the surface.
- Meanwhile, sift the remaining flour into a large bowl. Add the yeast mixture, olive oil, remaining warm water and 2 teaspoons salt. Bring the mixture together with your hands, then turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 5 minutes or until the dough is smooth (you can do this stage in an electric mixer with a dough hook). Place dough in a large, lightly oiled bowl, cover with a damp tea towel and set aside in a warm place to prove for about 1 hour or until dough has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Lightly grease two 26cm pizza trays and dust with a little flour. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface. Knock the air out of the dough with your fist, then divide into 2 pieces and knead each one into a smooth ball. Dust a rolling pin with flour and roll out the dough into rounds 25cm in diameter. Lay onto the prepared pizza trays, then use your hands to press the dough out to the edges of the trays.
- Slice the buffalo mozzarella or bocconcini, then lay on paper towel and pat dry to absorb any excess moisture. Drizzle the pizza bases with a little olive oil, then arrange mozzarella and parmesan on top, followed by the torn prosciutto and cherry tomato halves. Place pizzas in the oven and bake for 7 minutes or until the bases are crisp and golden and the cheese has melted. Remove from the oven and top pizzas with rocket leaves. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and drizzle with a little more olive oil, then slice and serve immediately.
Time for preparing:10 min. PT10M
- 150g buffalo mozzarella, or 4 bocconcini balls
- Extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- 25g parmesan cheese, grated
- 8 slices prosciutto, torn
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups wild rocket leaves Pizza dough
- 350g strong (baker's) flour, plus extra to dust
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 7g packet dried instant yeast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil