How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Finely chop 2 of the garlic cloves, sprinkle with a pinch of salt then crush the chopped garlic with the flat side of a knife blade. Combine the garlic and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a small bowl. Place the Lebanese bread on the lined baking tray and brush with the garlic oil.
- Finely slice the remaining garlic cloves, and combine with the sliced potatoes in a medium bowl. Add remaining olive oil and thyme leaves. Season with salt and pepper and toss thoroughly to combine.
- Arrange the potato and garlic mixture over the bread. Drizzle with any remaining olive oil and thyme leaves.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden and potatoes are tender. Serve immediately with a tomato and rocket salad, if desired.
- 4 garlic cloves
- Salt & ground black pepper
- 80ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 1x 25cm Lebanese bread round
- 2 medium (about 320g) desiree potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch fresh thyme, leaves picked