How to Make:
- Combine the water, yeast, salt and sugar in a jug. Stand in a warm place for 10 minutes or until the mixture is frothy. Place the flour in a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Pour in the yeast mixture and oil. Stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture starts to come together. Use your hands to gather the dough into a ball.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic. Place in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and stand in a warm place for 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan forced. Lightly grease a 22 x 32cm tray. Punch the dough down to expel the air, and knead again for a couple of minutes. Roll out the dough until it is large enough to fit in the tray. Place the dough into the tray, pressing it into the edges.
- Combine the butter and garlic in a small bowl. Use your fingertips to make dimples in the dough. Brush with the butter mixture. Bake for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with the parsley and cheese. Bake for a further 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Sprinkle with extra parsley. Serve.
Time for preparing:20 min. PT20M
- 185ml (3/4 cups) lukewarm water
- 1 sachet (1 teaspoon) dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of caster sugar
- 300g (2 cups) plain flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 40g butter, melted
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh continental parsley, plus extra to sprinkle
- 155g (1 1/2 cups) shredded mozzarella