How to Make:
- Preheat the oven to 175?C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place eggs, honey and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until light and fluffy. Add zest and vanilla extract and beat to combine. Sift in flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt, and add almonds, dates and currants. Mix to form a dough. Divide dough in half and shape into long small logs. Place in oven and bake 25-30 minutes until firm and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly. Cut logs into about 15 x 1cm-wide slices and place on 2 baking trays. Cook for a further 15 minutes, turning once, until golden and cooked through. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for 3-4 days, or serve immediately drizzled with extra honey.
Time for preparing:45 min. PT45M
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup (125ml) honey, plus extra to serve (see note)
- 125g unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange
- Drop of vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups (410g) plain flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup (160g) finely chopped blanched almonds
- 1/2 cup (80g) finely chopped dried dates
- 1/2 cup (75g) dried currants