How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan forced. Place 2 large baking trays in oven to heat up. Place onion, 60ml (1 ⁄4 cup) water, vinegar, 1 ⁄2 tsp sugar and 1 ⁄2 tsp salt in a small bowl. Stir to combine then set aside to pickle
- Meanwhile, combine yeast, flour, remaining sugar and salt in a large bowl. Stir in warm water and oil until a dough forms. Transfer to a lightly floured surface. Knead for 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Halve dough. Roll each portion on baking paper to a rough 36 x 24cm rectangle.
- Scatter cheese evenly over each dough rectangle. Tear meatballs in half and arrange on top. Remove trays from oven. Place pizzas (still on baking paper) on hot trays. Bake for 15 minutes or until bases are puffed, golden and crispy.
- Meanwhile, drain onions, discarding pickling liquid.
- Top pizzas with carrot, quke, pickled onions, coriander, basil and mayo.
Time for preparing:17 min. PT17M
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced into rounds
- 60ml (1/4 cup) rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons (2 x 7g sachet) dried yeast
- 600g (4 cups) bread or pizza flour
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) warm water
- 80ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 100g (1 cup) pre-grated pizza cheese
- 400g pork and veal meatballs
- 1 large carrot, peeled, cut into long strips with a julienne peeler
- 3 qukes (baby cucumbers), cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander sprigs
- 1/2 cup small fresh Thai basil leaves
- 80g (1/3 cup) Kewpie Sriracha Mayonnaise, or to taste