How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Brush 2 baking trays with melted butter to lightly grease. Use an electric beater to beat together the butter and icing sugar mixture in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the almond meal and sift over the flours and ground cloves. Stir until well combined.
- Use your hands to roll heaped tablespoonsful of mixture into 8cm long logs. Shape into crescents and place on prepared trays, about 3cm apart. Bake in preheated oven, swapping trays halfway through cooking, for 25 minutes or until cooked through and light golden. Remove from oven.
- Lightly brush shortbreads with rosewater essence and set aside on trays for 30 minutes to cool and firm.
- Dust shortbreads with extra icing sugar, turning to evenly coat in the sugar. Set aside for a further 30 minutes or until completely cool.
Time for preparing:25 min. PT25M
- Melted butter, to grease
- 180g soft butter
- 125g (3/4 cup) icing sugar mixture, sifted
- 1 x 100g pkt almond meal
- 115g (3/4 cup) plain flour
- 45g (1/4 cup) white rice flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon rosewater essence
- 125g (3/4 cup) icing sugar mixture, extra, to dust