How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Line a baking tray with some non-stick baking paper. Draw a 20cm circle on the paper, place on the tray, circle side down.
- Use an electric mixer to whisk egg whites and salt until soft peaks form. Add sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, whisking for 1 minute after each addition. Once all the sugar has been added, continue to whisk on high for 3 minutes.
- Combine cornflour, vinegar and vanilla essence. Add to meringue and whisk until just combined.
- Use a spatula to spread meringue over the circle, smoothing the surface and sides. Reduce the oven temperature to 120°C. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes - the pavlova should be dry to the touch. Turn off the oven and leave to cool completely.
- Whip cream until thick. Spoon onto pavlova and decorate with fresh fruit of your choice. Cut into wedges to serve.
Time for preparing:60 min. PT60M
- 6 egg whites, at room temperature
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups (330g) caster sugar
- 3 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 300ml thickened cream
- Seasonal fresh fruit, to serve