How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 120°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and draw a 20cm disc onto the paper. Turn the paper over so the drawn disc is underneath. Use an electric mixer to whisk the egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. Ensure bowl is clean, as any fat or spot of egg yolk can prevent egg whites from fluffing up.
- Gradually add the sugar, 1 tbs at a time, beating well after each addition, until the meringue is thick and glossy and the sugar is completely dissolved. Rub a little between your fingers – if the mixture is still gritty, continue whisking until sugar dissolves. Add the vinegar and cornflour and gently fold to combine.
- Spoon meringue onto tray. Use a spatula to shape into a disc, using the circle as a guide. Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until dry to touch. Turn off oven, leave door ajar and allow to cool completely – this stops the pavlova cracking. Use an electric mixer to whisk the cream, icing sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form. Spoon onto pav. Top with fruit and mint.
Time for preparing:90 min. PT90M
- 6 Coles Brand Australian Free Range Egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups (330g) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 300ml Coles Brand Australian Thickened Cream
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 mango, thinly sliced
- 1/4 pineapple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 x 170g Coles Brand Passionfruit Pulp
- 1 tablespoon baby mint leaves