How to Make:
- Preheat the oven to 120°C/100°C fan forced. Draw a 20cm circle on a piece of baking paper. Place the paper ink-side down on a baking tray.
- Use electric beaters to whisk the egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until firm peaks form. Gradually add 315g (1 1/2 cups) of the caster sugar, 1 tbs at a time, beating constantly until the meringue is thick and glossy and the sugar has dissolved. Beat in the cornflour, vinegar and half the vanilla extract until just combined.
- Spoon the meringue onto the disc and use a spatula to shape the meringue. Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes or until the meringue is crisp and dry. Turn oven off. Leave the meringue in oven, with the door closed for 40 minutes to cool, then cool completely with the door ajar.
- Meanwhile, for the poached peaches, combine the water, vanilla bean and seeds, lemon rind and remaining sugar in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Bring to a simmer. Add peaches. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered with a round of baking paper, turning occasionally, for 25-30 minutes or until tender. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a bowl. Cool. Peel and discard skin. Reserve 1 1∕2 tbs syrup. Place peaches in the fridge for 2 hours to chill. Slice peaches.
- Process the raspberries and reserved syrup in a food processor until smooth. Press through a fine sieve set over a bowl. Discard the seeds. Whisk the mascarpone, cream, icing sugar and remaining vanilla extract in a large bowl until firm peaks form.
- Spread the cream mixture over the top of the pavlova. Top with the peach slices and drizzle with raspberry sauce. Sprinkle over the fresh raspberries, dust with icing sugar and serve immediately.
Time for preparing:70 min. PT70M
- 6 egg whites
- 530g (2 1/2 cups) caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free cornflour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 750ml (3 cups) water
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped
- 2 strips lemon rind
- 3 just ripe white peaches
- 125g (1 cup) frozen raspberries, thawed
- 250g ctn mascarpone
- 250ml (1 cup) thickened cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pure icing sugar, sifted
- Fresh raspberries, to serve
- Pure icing sugar, extra, to dust