How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line a 12-hole, 1/3-cup (80ml) muffin pan with paper cases.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and sugar in a large bowl. Whisk the buttermilk, oil, vanilla and eggs in a large jug until combined. Gently fold the egg mixture into the flour mixture until just combined (don’t overmix).
- Spoon half the mixture evenly into the paper cases. Top with the jam. Cover with the remaining muffin mixture. Bake for 15-20 mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cupcakes comes out clean. Set aside in the pan for 5 mins to cool. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine the frosting and coconut in a bowl. Spoon into a piping bag fitted with a 1cm fluted nozzle. Pipe onto muffins. Decorate with extra coconut and cachous.
Time for preparing:20 min. PT20M
- 2 1/2 cups (375g) plain flour
- 3 teaspoons McKenzie's baking powder
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
- 1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 Coles Brand Australian free range eggs
- 1/3 cup (110g) raspberry jam
- 453g Betty Crocker vanilla frosting
- 1/4 cup (20g) McKenzie's desiccated coconut, plus extra to decorate
- Silver cachous, to decorate