How to Make:
- To make the lime & mint syrup, combine the sugar, lime juice, mint sprigs and vanilla in a saucepan. Add water. Place over low heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 mins or until the sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil. Cook for 2 mins or until syrup thickens slightly. Remove from heat. Remove and discard mint. Add the cherries and stir to combine. Set aside for 30 mins to cool and develop the flavours.
- Use a large sharp knife to cut the watermelon into 1cm-thick slices. Use 3cm and 6cm star-shaped pastry cutters to cut shapes from the watermelon. Arrange the watermelon, raspberries and mint on a serving platter. Spoon over the cherries and syrup. Serve immediately.
Time for preparing:5 min. PT5M
- 200g fresh cherries, halved, stones removed
- 1 small seedless watermelon
- 120g raspberries
- 1/4 cup mint leaves Lime and mint syrup
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lime juice
- 2 sprigs fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water