How to Make:
- Set 3 cherries aside to decorate. Halve remaining cherries and combine with raisins, glace fruit and rum in a bowl. Stir to combine. Cover and allow fruit to soak for 2 hours or overnight, if time permits.
- Line an 8-cup capacity pudding bowl with plastic wrap. Combine chocolate and 1 cup cream in a heatproof, microwavesafe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH (100%) for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring every minute with a metal spoon, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- Combine egg yolks and sugar in a large heatproof bowl. Using electric beaters, beat for 5 minutes or until pale and thick. Add cooled chocolate mixture and beat well. Place bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (make sure bowl does not touch water). Beat chocolate mixture on low speed for 5 minutes or until warm and thickened slightly. Remove from heat. Set aside for 20 minutes to cool.
- Whip remaining cream in a bowl until soft peaks form. Fold cream through cooled chocolate mixture. Stir in fruit mixture and hazelnuts. Spoon mixture into pudding bowl. Cover with foil and freeze overnight.
- Turn pudding onto a plate. Remove plastic. Decorate top with reserved cherries. Use a sharp knife to slice. Serve.
Time for preparing:5 min. PT5M
- 1 1/4 cups red and green glace cherries
- 1 cup raisins, chopped
- 300g mixed glace fruit (such as pineapple, peach, apricots), chopped
- 1/3 cup dark rum
- 250g good-quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 600ml thickened cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, roasted, chopped