How to Make:
- Combine the berries, Grand Marnier and caster sugar in a bowl. Set aside for 30 minutes to macerate and thaw.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180?C. Brush six 3cm-deep, 8cm fluted tart tins with melted butter. Process the flour, icing sugar and butter in a food processor until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the egg yolk and water, and process until the mixture just comes together. Turn onto a clean work surface and knead gently until just smooth. Divide the pastry into 6 portions. Roll out each portion on a lightly floured surface until 5mm thick. Line the prepared tins with the pastry and trim any excess pastry.
- Place tarts on a baking tray and place in the fridge for 10 minutes to chill. Cover the pastry with non-stick baking paper and fill with pastry weights or rice. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove paper and pastry weights or rice. Bake for a further 5-10 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- Place mascarpone, ricotta, extra icing sugar and extra Grand Marnier in a bowl. Gently fold until just combined. Divide the mixture among pastry cases. Top with berry mixture.
Time for preparing:20 min. PT20M
- 450g frozen mixed berries
- 80ml (1/3 cup) Grand Marnier
- 1-2 tablespoons caster sugar
- Melted butter, to grease
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 100g butter, chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 1-2 tablespoons iced water
- 2 x 250g ctns mascarpone
- 125g (1/2 cup) smooth ricotta
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar, extra
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Grand Marnier, extra