How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 25x30cm Swiss roll pan with baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
- Use an electric mixer to whisk the eggwhites in a clean, dry bowl until firm peaks form. Gradually add the sugar, one tablespoon at a time, beating well between each addition. Continue whisking until sugar completely dissolves. Add the cornflour and vinegar and gently fold with a metal spoon until just combined. Spoon into the prepared pan and use a pallet knife to smooth the surface. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until meringue just starts to brown.
- Place a clean tea towel on a clean work surface. Top with a large sheet of baking paper. Dust with icing sugar mixture. Turn the pavlova, top-side down, onto the dusted baking paper. Set aside for 20 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, use an electric mixer to whisk the cream until soft peaks form. Add the icing sugar and two passionfruit and gently fold to combine. Spread the passionfruit cream evenly over the pavlova. Carefully roll pavlova, using the paper and tea towel as a guide, to enclose filling. Keep pavlova wrapped in baking paper and tea towel. Transfer to a tray and place in the fridge for 1 hour to chill.
- Place roulade on work surface, unwrap and dust with with extra icing sugar. Cut into slices and place on serving plates. Top with lychees, banana and remaining passionfruit pulp to serve.
Time for preparing:10 min. PT10M
- 4 eggwhites
- 1 cup (200g) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 300ml ctn thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar mixture
- 3 passionfruit
- Icing sugar mixture, extra, to dust
- 6 fresh lychees, halved
- 1 just-ripe banana, chopped