How to Make:
- Use an electric beater to beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Beat in the vanilla. Add the flour, custard powder and milk. Stir until a soft dough forms. Turn onto a well-floured surface and bring together. Shape into a disc. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour to rest.
- Preheat oven to 160C. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Place the almond on a plate. Cut dough in half. Roll tablespoonfuls of 1 dough portion into balls. Roll in the almond to coat. Place, about 2cm apart, on the prepared trays. Use your finger to make an indent in the centre of each ball. Spoon 1/4 teaspoon of jam into each biscuit.
- Bake, swapping trays halfway through cooking, for 25 minutes or until golden underneath. Set aside on the trays to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough, almond and jam.
Time for preparing:50 min. PT50M
- 95g (1 cup) flaked almonds, finely chopped
- 250g butter, at room temperature
- 125g (3/4 cup) icing sugar mixture
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 300g (2 cups) plain flour
- 70g (1/2 cup) custard powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam