How to Make:
- Place jelly crystals in a heatproof bowl. Add boiling water. Whisk until crystals have dissolved. Stir in 400ml cold water. Cover. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until just beginning to set (it should have a thick, syrupy consistency). Stir in passionfruit pulp.
- Arrange half the sponge cake in a 12 cup-capacity serving bowl. Drizzle with half the rum, if using. Spoon over half the jelly, then half the mango. Top with the custard. Repeat the layers, finishing with a layer of mango. Cover. Refrigerate overnight.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream and sugar until soft peaks form. Top trifle with cream mixture, kiwifruit, mango and passionfruit pulp. Serve.
Time for preparing:12 min. PT12M
- 2 x 85g packets passionfruit jelly crystals
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3 passionfruit, halved (see note 1)
- 1/2 x 460g packet round double unfilled sponge cakes, cut into 3cm cubes
- 1/3 cup white rum (optional, see note 2)
- 2 cups double thick vanilla custard
- 2 large mangoes, sliced
- 300ml tub thickened cream
- 2 teaspoons icing sugar mixture
- 1 kiwifruit, sliced, to serve
- 1 mango, sliced, to serve
- Passionfruit pulp, to serve