How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Grease a 19 x 29cm (base measurement) slab pan with melted butter. Line base and 2 long sides with non-stick baking paper. Stir the butter and chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat for 5 minutes or until almost melted. Set aside to cool slightly, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Use an electric beater to beat the sugar and eggs in a large bowl until thick and pale. Stir in the chocolate mixture, orange rind and vanilla. Sift the flour, cocoa powder and mixed spice over the mixture. Stir until the mixture is smooth. Stir in the raisins and mixed peel.
- Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until firm and crumbs cling to a skewer inserted into the centre. Set aside in the pan to cool. Cut into pieces.
Time for preparing:45 min. PT45M
- Melted butter, to grease
- 200g unsalted butter, chopped
- 125g dark organic chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 315g (1 1/2 cups) caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 115g (3/4 cup) plain flour
- 30g (1/4 cup) cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mixed spice
- 170g (1 cup) raisins, chopped
- 65g (1/3 cup) mixed peel