How to Make:
- Preheat the oven to 150°C.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together until just combined.
- Heat the milk, cream and vanilla extract in a saucepan over medium heat until just below boiling point, then remove from the heat and pour over the egg mixture. Beat until just combined, then strain mixture into a 1-litre baking dish. Sprinkle the surface of the custard with grated nutmeg.
- Place the dish into a deep roasting pan and fill with enough boiling water to come halfway up the sides of the baking dish. Bake for 45 minutes until just set. Serve warm with poached fruits.
Time for preparing:50 min. PT50M
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 300ml milk
- 300ml pure (thin) cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to sprinkle
- Poached seasonal fruit, to serve