How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced.
- Place spread, sugar and apple juice in a heavy-based, ovenproof, 20cm (base) frying pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil. Cook for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Carefully arrange apple in pan, overlapping. Top with pastry, tucking in at edge. Bake for 30 minutes or until pastry is golden and puffed. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Turn out onto a plate. Serve.
Time for preparing:35 min. PT35M
- 20g reduced-fat margarine spread
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 2 large pink lady apples, cored, cut into 4mm-thick rounds
- 1 sheet frozen ready-rolled reduced-fat puff pastry, partially thawed