Recipe: Salted choc-caramel tartsBaking recipes
How to Make:
- To make the pastry, process the flour, cocoa, icing sugar and butter in a food processor until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the water and process until just combined. Turn onto a lightly floured work surface. Knead for 1 minute or until the dough just comes together. Shape into a disc. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 15 minutes to rest.
- Divide the dough into 6 even portions. Roll out 1 portion until 3mm thick. Use a round 12cm-diameter pastry cutter to cut a disc from the dough. Line a 2cm-deep, 8cm (base measurement) fluted flan tin, with removable base, with the pastry disc and trim excess. Repeat with the remaining dough portions, re-rolling the excess pastry if necessary. Place the tins on a baking tray and place in the freezer for 30 minutes to chill.
- Preheat oven to 200?C. Cover the pastry cases with baking paper and fill with pastry weights or rice. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove paper and pastry weights or rice. Bake for 5 minutes or until cooked through and dry to the touch. Set aside to cool completely.
- Place 2 tablespoons of caramel in each pastry case. Cover and place in the fridge to chill. Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Bring the cream just to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat. Pour over the chocolate. Stir until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Set aside for 30 minutes or until cooled to room temperature. Carefully spread the chocolate mixture over the top of each tart and sprinkle with a little sea salt. Cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour or until set.
Time for preparing:20 min. PT20M
- 380g can Nestle Top'n'Fill Caramel
- 150g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 80ml (1/3 cup) pouring cream
- Sea salt flakes, to sprinkle Pastry
- 190g (1 1/4 cups) plain flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 tablespoons pure icing sugar, sifted
- 125g chilled unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chilled water