How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Place pastry sheets on top of each other. Gently press to secure. Trim corners to form a round.
- Place sugar, vanilla and 1/3 cup cold water in a heavy-based, ovenproof, 20cm (base) frying pan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sugar has dissolved (do not boil). Increase heat to medium. Bring to the boil. Boil, without stirring, for 7 to 8 minutes or until mixture turns golden. Remove from heat. Arrange apricots, cut-side down, in pan. Scatter with butter.
- Place pastry over apricots, tucking in at edge. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until pastry is golden and puffed. Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Turn tart out onto a plate. Drizzle with cream. Cut into wedges. Serve.
Time for preparing:43 min. PT43M
- 2 sheets frozen ready-rolled puff pastry, partially thawed
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 825g can apricot halves, drained
- 50g butter, finely chopped
- Pure cream, to serve