How to Make:
- Peel mangoes and cut all flesh from the stones. Place in a food processor with lime zest and juice, and puree until smooth. Place in the fridge until required.
- Spread coconut in a dry frying pan and cook over medium heat, stirring often, for about 1 min, or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Place eggs, yolks and sugar into a heatproof bowl. Place over a pan of simmering water (don't let the base of the bowl touch the water). Using electric beaters, beat for 5 mins, or until very pale, thick and increased in volume. Remove bowl from the pan.
- In a separate bowl, whip cream to firm peaks. Fold through egg mixture until evenly combined, then lightly fold through mango puree and toasted coconut. Transfer to a loaf tin and freeze overnight, or until firm.
Time for preparing:665 min. PT665M
- 2 large mangoes
- 2 teaspoons lime zest, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup moist coconut flakes
- 3 Coles Brand free range eggs
- 3 Coles Brand free range egg yolks
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 600ml Coles Brand thickened cream