How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the butter, flour and icing sugar mixture in the bowl of a food processor and process until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the water and process until the dough just starts to come together.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead until just smooth. Roll out dough between 2 sheets of non-stick baking paper to 7mm-thick disc. Use a 7cm-diameter star-shaped pastry cutter to cut 10 stars from the dough. Transfer to the lined tray. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
- Arrange the stars in a circle, overlapping slightly in at least 2 points of each star and gently pressing to seal, to form a wreath shape.
- Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Set aside on the tray for 30 minutes to cool completely.
- Transfer the wreath to a clean work surface. Pipe a little of the icing onto the centre of each star and decorate with a dragee. Set aside for 10-15 minutes to set. Thread the ribbon between the stars and tie the ends in a bow to secure.
Time for preparing:15 min. PT15M
- 100g butter, chilled, coarsely chopped
- 150g (1 cup) plain flour
- 45g (1/4 cup) icing sugar mixture, sifted
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 x 19g writing icing
- 10 silver cachous or Smarties