Recipe: Ginger shortbread starsBaking recipes
How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Use an electric beater to beat butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Stir in combined flour and ginger until the dough just comes together. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Shape into a disc. Cover and place in the fridge for 20 minutes to rest.
- Roll out the dough between 2 sheets of non-stick baking paper until 5mm thick. Use a 6cm star-shaped pastry cutter to cut 64 stars from dough. Place half the stars, 2cm apart, on 1 prepared tray. Use a 2cm round pastry cutter to cut a hole in the centre of the remaining stars. Place on the remaining tray. Place trays in the freezer for 15 minutes to chill.
- Bake, swapping trays halfway through cooking, for 10-12 minutes or until light golden. Set aside on trays for 5 minutes to cool. Place a piece of marshmallow, cut-side up, on the centre of each whole star. bake the marshmallow stars for a further 1-2 minutes or until marshmallow softens. Sprinkle with coconut. Top with remaining stars, turning slightly. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Time for preparing:15 min. PT15M
- 250g butter, at room temperature
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 90g (1/2 cup) rice flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 16 pink marshmallows, halved
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut