How to Make:
- Use an electric mixer to beat the butter and sugar in a medium bowl until pale and creamy. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition until just combined. Add flour, cinnamon, cardamom and cloves, and stir to combine.
- Shape dough into a disc and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line two oven trays with baking paper. Roll out dough between two sheets of plastic wrap to a 5mm-thick disc. (If dough is quite soft refrigerate for 30 minutes.) Use a 7mm-diameter star-shaped cutter to cut out biscuits and place on lined trays. Bake, swapping trays halfway through cooking, for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and set aside on trays for 10 minutes to cool before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
- Combine the eggwhite and brandy in a medium bowl. Gradually whisk in enough sifted icing sugar to make a thin glaze. Brush biscuits with glaze, decorate with cachous if desired, then place on a wire rack to set. Store in an airtight container between layers of paper towel.
Time for preparing:10 min. PT10M
- 200g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 2/3 cups (250g) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 eggwhite
- 1 teaspoon brandy
- 1/2 cup (80g) pure icing sugar
- Gold cachous, to decorate