How to Make:
- Place yeast, sugar and warm water in a jug. Whisk with a fork until yeast has dissolved. Stand in a warm place for 10 minutes or until frothy.
- Sift flour into a large bowl. Stir in salt, yeast mixture and olive oil. Mix to form a soft dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead dough for 10 to 15 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place in a large, lightly greased bowl. Cover and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Using your fist, punch dough down. Knead until smooth.
- Grease a baking tray well with olive oil cooking spray or olive oil. Shape dough into a 15cm round loaf. Place on prepared tray. Cut a shallow criss-cross pattern in centre of dough.
- Cover with lightly greased plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm place for 30 to 40 minutes or until dough has almost doubled in size. Meanwhile, preheat fan-forced oven at 200°C/180°C. Brush dough top with egg.
- Dust with extra flour. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Turn bread, top side up, onto a wire rack to cool. Serve at room temperature.
Time for preparing:40 min. PT40M
- 7g sachet dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon Bertolli olive oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Extra bread flour, for dusting