Recipe: Marshmallow pavlova with ice-cream and berriesBaking recipes
How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 120°C/100°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Mark a 22cm circle on paper. Using an electric mixer, beat eggwhites until soft peaks form. Gradually add caster sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until dissolved. Add vanilla, cornflour and cream of tartar. Beat for 30 seconds or until combined.
- Spoon mixture onto circle on prepared tray. Shape into a 4.5cm-high, 22cm circle. Using a spatula, make furrows up sides. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until edges are firm. Turn off oven. Cool pavlova in oven with door ajar.
- Combine berries, icing sugar and liqueur in a bowl. Set aside for 30 minutes or until berries are thawed and mixture is syrupy.
- Carefully place scoops of ice-cream on top of pavlova. Drizzle with berry mixture. Serve.
Time for preparing:17 min. PT17M
- 6 eggwhites
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- Pinch cream of tartar
- 500g frozen mixed berries
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar mixture
- 2 tablespoons orange-flavoured liqueur (see note)
- 1.5 litres vanilla ice-cream