How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Combine almond meal, brown sugar and chocolate in a bowl.
- Cut a 20cm x 24cm rectangle from 1 pastry sheet. Cut 12 slits into pastry, leaving a 2cm border at edges. Cut remaining pastry sheet into an 18cm x 24cm rectangle.
- Place smaller pastry sheet on prepared tray. Spread with almond meal mixture, leaving a 3cm border. Top with pear slices. Brush border with egg. Top with larger sheet. Using a fork, press edges together to seal. Brush with egg. Sprinkle with white sugar. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden. Serve with cream.
Time for preparing:17 min. PT17M
- 1/3 cup almond meal (ground almonds)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 100g NESTLE BAKERS' CHOICE Dark Choc Melts
- 2 sheets frozen ready-rolled puff pastry, partially thawed
- 410g can pear halves in fruit juice, drained, thinly sliced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- Double cream, to serve