How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Use an electric beater to beat together the butter, icing sugar and vanilla in a bowl until pale and creamy.
- Stir in the flour and cinnamon until the dough comes together. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Shape into a disc and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes to rest.
- Roll out the dough between 2 sheets of non-stick baking paper until 5mm thick. Use a 5cm-diameter star-shaped pastry cutter to cut 65 stars from the dough. Place on lined trays. Place trays in the freezer for 15 minutes to chill.
- Sprinkle biscuits with sugar and bake, swapping trays halfway through cooking, for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Set aside on the trays for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
Time for preparing:15 min. PT15M
- 250g butter, at room temperature
- 125g (3/4 cup) icing sugar mixture
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 300g (2 cups) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 60g (1/4 cup) raw sugar